Welcome home! As we return to our Kalmia theatre location for the first time since March 2020, we are honored and take seriously the opportunity to safely welcome audiences back to enjoy the magic of the stage.
As such, in accordance with the lead of theatres both around the country and here in San Diego, Patio Playhouse has implemented a vaccination policy for our indoor venue:
- All patrons attending Patio Playhouse performances (including children of all ages) must either show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (at least 14 days since the final dose), or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken in the prior 72 hours. You will not be able to enter the venue without a physical vaccination card/PCR test results meeting the above criteria or an electronic verification through the CA.gov Vaccine Record System (https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov). Please be ready with this proof of vaccination or test and valid photo identification prior to arriving at the Box Office.
- All patrons (regardless of vaccination status) are required to wear masks over their nose and mouth at all times while inside the venue.
As you plan ahead for your visit, please also note:
- Concessions will not be served at this time and food and beverages cannot be consumed indoors, but you may choose to avail yourself of the local cuisine options nearby before or after the production.
- We offer touchless programs, which will be available via QR code upon entering the theatre.
- Patio Playhouse has implemented sanitizer stations, increased air circulation, and regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces. We will continue to maintain clean spaces for our audiences.
- All Patio Playhouse staff, volunteers, cast, crew, and musicians are fully vaccinated. Staff and volunteers will remain masked at all times.
We will continue to monitor recommendations from the CDC, state, and local government as we work to provide a safe environment for all of our guests. Policies may be revised based on guidance and evolving circumstances – please check back here for updates.
Thank you for your ongoing support of live theatre in our community. We can’t wait to have you safely back in our seats and behind the scenes of our productions!