- by L. Frank Baum
- with Music and Lyrics by Harold Arlen and E. Y. Harburg
- Background Music by Herbert Stothart
- Dance and Vocal Arrangements by Peter Howard
- Orchestration by Larry Wilcox
- Adapted by John Kane for the Royal Shakespeare Company
- Based on the classic motion picture owned by Turner Entertainment Co. and distributed in all media by Warner Bros.
- Directed and Music Directed by Becky Brooks
- Produced by Brenda Townsend
This beloved tale, in which a Kansas farm girl travels over the rainbow to discover the magical power of home, has been entertaining audiences for generations. This production is faithful adaptation of the film, recreating the dialogue and structure of the MGM classic nearly scene for scene, though it is adapted for live stage performance.
Includes the songs from the classic MGM film: “Over The Rainbow,” “Munchkinland (Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead),” “If I Only Had A Brain/A Heart/The Nerve,” “We’re Off To See The Wizard (Follow The Yellow Brick Road),” “If I Were King Of The Forest,” and “The Merry Old Land of Oz.”
July 12-27, 2019 Thursdays-Sundays, 8pm
Kit Carson Amphitheater, 100 Amphitheatre Drive, Escondido, CA 92025
Dorothy – Arleth Ruvalcaba
Scarecrow – Erik Mayuiers
Tin Man – Elias Questenberg
Lion – Ryan Fagan
Glinda – Ashley Perez
Wicked Witch – Becca Pilcher
Auntie Em – Annie Buchheit
Uncle Henry – Chris Braden
Professor / Oz – Brian P. Evans
Guard – Naomi Berg
Ensemble – Aeris Keophonexay, Alex Penner, Alexander Guthrie, Alli Brown, Andrea Roebuck, Andy Reynolds, Beca Vavrek, Bryan Bratt, Caro Louise Aristei, Chara Ward, Cyrus Keophonexay, Daxton Bethoney, Deb Zimmer, Drake Lever, Eleanor Moreau, Eva Rasmussen, Gavin Lever, Grace Soneff, Isabella Bethoney, Jasper Guthrie, Jiana Perez, Jocelin Jimenez, Kalia Ward, Karen McLeod, Kelsey Ward, Kendall Ratcliff, Lillian Roebuck, Madeline Radunsky, Mia Levy, Michele Peters, Neveah Bethoney, Pinakin Dhamdhere, Rio Evans, Skyla Keophonexay, Tim Arends, Tristan Murphy, William Fisher Jr.